Recipe by Orchard
My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier. This is something I came up with based on what I had on hand at the time, and I liked the way it turned out. You can make this healthier by using brown rice (just adjust the liquid and cook according to package directions).
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped into small pieces (I cook it on the George Foreman grill)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth and water in saucepan. Cook rice in broth-water combination according to package directions. Set aside.
- In nonstick skillet, saute celery, onion and zucchini in olive oil until tender.
- Add cooked chicken and rice and heat through. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and mix well.