Recipe by MsTeechur
I made this and put it over whole wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. It is satisfying, not too heavy on the curry (even my curry-hating husband liked it), and delicious.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons curry
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and cook most of the way through in a saute pan.
- Pour half and half into a pan and heat over medium.
- When half and half is hot, whisk in the cheese and mix until it's melted. Stir constantly or it will separate. (Words of experience there.).
- Add cream of mushroom soup to milk and cheese.
- Pour the skim milik into the soup can and swish around, add to mixture.
- Add zucchini, pepper, and basil leaves. You can chop the leaves, or leave them whole. I leave them whole so picky mcpickerson (my husband) can pull them out. I just eat them.
- Add curry and pepper.
- Heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes until zucchini is cooked through. Add yogurt to give it a little "bite" (I use greek style homemade yogurt with a good tang).
- Serve over pasta, rice, or gnocchi.
- Obviously you can add more curry to taste (Picky McP doesn't like curry), and add other veggies. It's very versatile.