I made this and put it over whole wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. It is satisfying, not too heavy on the curry (even my curry-hating husband liked it), and delicious.
My Private Note
1/2 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and cook most of the way through in a saute pan.
- 2Pour half and half into a pan and heat over medium.
- 3When half and half is hot, whisk in the cheese and mix until it's melted. Stir constantly or it will separate. (Words of experience there.).
- 4Add cream of mushroom soup to milk and cheese.
- 5Pour the skim milik into the soup can and swish around, add to mixture.
- 6Add zucchini, pepper, and basil leaves. You can chop the leaves, or leave them whole. I leave them whole so picky mcpickerson (my husband) can pull them out. I just eat them.
- 7Add curry and pepper.
- 8Heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes until zucchini is cooked through. Add yogurt to give it a little "bite" (I use greek style homemade yogurt with a good tang).
- 9Serve over pasta, rice, or gnocchi.
- 10Obviously you can add more curry to taste (Picky McP doesn't like curry), and add other veggies. It's very versatile.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Zucchini Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 421.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.8 g