Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mom's recipe, she loves garlic, so it's heavily flavored in garlic! This is great served with garlic bread. For veg meal, leave out chicken and add squash. Prep time is a guess.
- 4 cups zucchini, with skin and quartered
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups prepared stuffing, Partridge Farm
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- Cook chicken, rinse and cut into strips or chunks - your preference.
- Cook zucchini low - medium heat until tender with 1/2 stick of butter.
- Remove from stove.
- In large mixing bowl add zucchini, carrots, onions, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, chicken, garlic and cheddar cheese, mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup stuffing and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In same frying pan used for zucchini, heat 1/2 stick and 2 cups of stuffing, mixing well.
- Spread stuffing over casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad if desired.
This was a tasty recipe that we really enjoyed. I might try leaving the zucchini uncooked before baking next time to make it a bit less soggy. I did not measure garlic, just used 3 cloves. I froze individual servings of leftovers and they are just as delicious! Thanks for sharing this easy and yummy recipe!