Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe off a web site. If you like zucchini you will love this recipe. It takes a little time to prepare, but is worth the effort. Great recipe to use up that zucchini and leftovers. (freezes well)
- 4 -6 cups chopped zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (5 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13 by 9 inch pan.
- Mix in separate bowl stuffing mix and melted butter; set this aside.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Place half the stuffing mix in the bottom of pan, add zucchini mixture over stuffing mix, place remaining stuffing mix over the top of zucchini mixture.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes until zucchini is tender.
Currently pregnant and a VERY fussy eater, it's been hard to find dinners that I actually enjoy, let alone stomach. So... many thanks for posting this. I didn't have enough stuffing so added some grated cheddar on top. My husband also hoovered up the dish!
Yummy! I added salt. But otherwise it's perfect.
I make this all the time. It is one of our favorite casseroles when zucchini is in season, and even when it isn't! I could eat the whole thing myself! (but I share of course!)