I found this on a ww recipe board, but cant remember which site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1/4-inch strips)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes ((no salt added)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups ziti pasta or 2 cups penne pasta
- 2/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Spray the same skillet with more nonstick cooking spray. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, until the mixture is thickened slightly, 8-10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the ziti according to package directions. Drain and mix with the ricotta cheese.
- 5Pour half of the tomato mixture into a 13X9" baking pan, layer with the ziti mixture, the chicken and the remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake until hot and bubbling and the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
- 6Serves 4.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Ziti Bake (7 Pts)
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 621.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese