Recipe by JoyfulCook
A tasty Northern Indian Curry - not too hot, and easy to prepare--extra chili or hot sambal can be added by the individual--if they are hot heads!!
Top Review by Princess Pea
I only had chicken breast meat to use, but it worked fine (kept a close eye so the chicken didn't overcook). We LOVED the flavor of this curry and will be making this recipe regularly. Thank you, Joyful, for a great recipe.
- 22.18 ml cooking oil or 22.18 ml ghee
- 907.18 g skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 118.29 ml fresh coriander
- 4.92 ml grated fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml turmeric, ground
- 7.39 ml garam masala, ground
- 3.69-4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml low-fat yogurt
- 2 tomatoes, ripe skinned and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion, ginger, crushed garlic and fresh coriander in blender. Blend as smooth as possible adding a small amount of water if necessary.
- Heat oil in large pan and fry the blended mixture on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add turmeric, Garam Masala, salt and chili, fry for a further minute.
- Stir in yoghurt and tomato; simmer for 5 minutes. Add chicken, turning to coat. Simmer gently for 40 minutes. Thicken if necessary.
- Serve with rice, and accompaniments.