2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 35 mins
This has been a favorite in my family for years. It is the most requested meal of my kids & their friends. I like to double the recipe and freeze one to have on hand for a quick supper. Also, I use a rice cooker to make the saffron rice. Just put in the water, rice, and butter, push the button and it is perfect every time and ready when you need it to assemble the casserole. I also use the lower fat sour cream and mayo, but prefer the regular cream of chicken soup, not the lower fat version. Kids and adults will enjoy this recipe. My daughter and her boyfriend were home from college over the holidays and were headed out the door to go out to dinner...until I said "Okay, but I made Chicken and Yellow Rice"....they exchanged glances and turned around and join the rest of the family for dinner....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a 13 x 9 inch casserole pan, roll chicken in butter to coat. Arrange in single layer and pour in sherry.
- 3Bake, covered for 50 minutes.
- 4Boil water and 2 tablespoons butter, add Mahatma rice mix. Stir, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Fluff rice and set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, stir soup, mayo, sour cream, paprika and parsley.
- 7When chicken is cooked, pour broth into soup mixture and stir until well blended.
- 8Dice chicken.
- 9To assemble casserole, in a 13 x 9 inch pan, layer rice, 1/2 of soup mixture, chicken and remaining soup mixture. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- 10You can freeze it or cook at 350°F for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until hot, bubbly and heated throughout. If frozen, thaw and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Yellow Rice
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.7
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 783.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
saffron rice mix