1/4 Photos of Chicken and Yam Soup
This recipe came from the Soup Kettle section of the cookbook "365 Easy One-Dish Meals". It is different and yummy! I usually use canneloni beans instead of the limas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion, celery, and red pepper. Mince the garlic. Peel and yams and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Cut the chicken into small cubes.
- 2Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, over high heat 4-5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- 3Add onion, celery, red pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Stir in chicken broth, water, yams and thyme. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 5Add beans and cook 5 minutes longer. Stir in salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Yam Soup
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 1217.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 32.0 g