Recipe by dale!
Good,tasty comfort food.
Top Review by crawfish pie
Wonderful!Different than my usual chicken arsenial!!Saucy and flavorful!!Love the addition of the wine(I used white).I served over wide noodles and we loved it!!!An A recipe if I ever saw one,easy to prepare and REAL easy to clean your plate!!Thanks!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 kg skinless chicken piece, chopped (breasts or thighs)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 150 g mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup wine (white or red)
- 2 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and cook the chicken until golden.
- Set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until tender.
- Stir in the carrots and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to the boil.
- Cook until wine is reduced by half.
- Blend in the stock and tomato paste.
- Season to taste.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer,covered for about 30 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour and water until its smooth and mix it through the casserole.
- Cook, stirring until it boils and thickens.
- Stir in the tomato and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the parsley through and serve.
- This is good with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.