Recipe by highcotton
This was shared by a friend many years ago. It's an oldie, but still a goodie. The original recipe called for a can of water chestnuts, drained and diced. I omit them, but they're good if you enjoy a little 'crunch' in a casserole. Along with a fruit dish (hot or cold, depending on the season) and rolls, this makes a very nice Sunday dinner.
- 1 package uncle ben long grain and wild rice blend (Original Recipe)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (I add a little extra)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a very large bowl, mix rice with next 8 ingredients, stirring well to blend.
- Pour mixture into a lightly-greased 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, for approximately 45 minutes, until mixture is bubbly.