1 hr 15 mins
This was shared by a friend many years ago. It's an oldie, but still a goodie. The original recipe called for a can of water chestnuts, drained and diced. I omit them, but they're good if you enjoy a little 'crunch' in a casserole. Along with a fruit dish (hot or cold, depending on the season) and rolls, this makes a very nice Sunday dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package uncle ben long grain and wild rice blend (Original Recipe)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (I add a little extra)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook rice according to package directions.
- 3In a very large bowl, mix rice with next 8 ingredients, stirring well to blend.
- 4Pour mixture into a lightly-greased 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- 5Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- 6Bake, uncovered, for approximately 45 minutes, until mixture is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Wild Rice Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.3
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 1154.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend