Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a thick and creamy soup. Dip some French bread or rolls in it and serve with a fresh salad. Or use it as a hearty soup before a meal.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1⁄4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup milk (or use half and half for a creamier alternative)
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Place chicken in 4 quart crockpot.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except milk and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Stir in milk.
- Cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until hot.