Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish was improvised one snowy day. My son loves this hearty soup.
Make and share this Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped (I peel them first)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot (sliced on the diagonal)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice or 1 cup wild rice mix
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the parsley, onion, tomatoes, garlic, carrot, and spices until onion is tender.
- Add the chicken broth, rice and chicken peices. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cover. Simmer about 45 minutes. (Add more water if soup becomes thicker than you like).
- Remove chicken. Cool slightly and remove meat from bones. Add cut up chicken back into soup.
- Add the peas and white wine.
- Let simmer additional 15 minutes.
so, i never follow a recipe exactly. i use what's in my fridge, etc. so i added zucchini instead of peas and i probably used similar spices. i'm eating this right now for lunch the next day and felt compelled to say, "YUM!" this is soooo good on a snowy day!