Recipe by Earthymom
This dish was improvised one snowy day. My son loves this hearty soup.
Top Review by coos-la
so, i never follow a recipe exactly. i use what's in my fridge, etc. so i added zucchini instead of peas and i probably used similar spices. i'm eating this right now for lunch the next day and felt compelled to say, "YUM!" this is soooo good on a snowy day!
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped (I peel them first)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot (sliced on the diagonal)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice or 1 cup wild rice mix
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the parsley, onion, tomatoes, garlic, carrot, and spices until onion is tender.
- Add the chicken broth, rice and chicken peices. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cover. Simmer about 45 minutes. (Add more water if soup becomes thicker than you like).
- Remove chicken. Cool slightly and remove meat from bones. Add cut up chicken back into soup.
- Add the peas and white wine.
- Let simmer additional 15 minutes.