Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe similar to the Chicken & Wild Rice soup from Panera. Found it on another site and thought I'd post it for saving. I love soups and could live on them. Maybe one day I will give it a try.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend, quick cooking with season packet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In large pot over medium heat, combine broth, water and chicken.
- Bring just to boiling, then stir in rice, reserving season packet.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and flour.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in contents of season packet until mixture bubbles.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in flour mixture by tablespoons, to form a roux.
- Whisk in cream, a bit at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Cook til thickened, 5 minutes.
- Stir cream mixture into broth and rice.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe is so yummy! I added diced celery, those precut thin sliced carrots, onion, garlic powder, and season salt to flavor it up some. But it's a great soup for the basic recipe.