Recipe by KittyKitty
If you don't have cooked chicken, you can bone and chop a deli chicken. One deli chicken usually yields, about 3 cus, so you can freeze and save one cup for later, or make a chicken salad.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 6 cups water
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and carrots in a lightly greased Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes.Add 5 cups water, seasoning packet from rice, broccoli and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, and stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes. Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
- For the rice I use Uncle Bens Long Grain & Wild Rice Fast Cook.