Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking wild rice
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 2 cups chopped roasted cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth and potato; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Combine milk and flour, stirring well with a whisk. Add the milk mixture to potato mixture; cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in rice, chicken, pepper, and salt. Garnish with parsley, if desired.