Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I tried this one day when I ran out of egg noodles. I think it's pretty good. We don't eat a lot of salt, so you may want to adjust the salt for your recipe. It is a quick preparation recipe with easy clean up.
- 946.36 ml water
- 453.59 g boneless chicken (your choice)
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 1 package Uncle Ben's chicken-flavored wild rice
- 4.92 ml Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4.92 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 raw carrots, peeled
- 1 stalk celery (optional)
- In a crockpot combine water, seasoning (except rice seasong) and chicken (If you opt to use chicken broth instead of cube, delete 1 cup of water).
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours.
- Cut carrots and celery, set aside
- Stir rice, UB Seasoning, and carrots into broth.
- Cook on High for half an hour, or until rice is near done.
- Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup and celery
- Cook for fifteen more minutes.
- Reduce heat.