Recipe by CurlDiva
I tried this one day when I ran out of egg noodles. I think it's pretty good. We don't eat a lot of salt, so you may want to adjust the salt for your recipe. It is a quick preparation recipe with easy clean up.
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb boneless chicken (your choice)
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package Uncle Ben's chicken-flavored wild rice
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 raw carrots, peeled
- 1 stalk celery (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crockpot combine water, seasoning (except rice seasong) and chicken (If you opt to use chicken broth instead of cube, delete 1 cup of water).
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours.
- Cut carrots and celery, set aside
- Stir rice, UB Seasoning, and carrots into broth.
- Cook on High for half an hour, or until rice is near done.
- Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup and celery
- Cook for fifteen more minutes.
- Reduce heat.