1/2 Photos of Chicken and Wild Rice Slow Cooker Dinner
5 hrs 20 mins
I found this on a card supplied at the butcher's counter at Harris Teeter Grocery. The only change I made was to omit the marjoram leaves due to personal preference but I've added it back to the recipe as an option here. If you don't have bone-in chicken breasts you can use bone-in chicken thighs (about 10 thighs or 3 1/2 lbs). Remember to remove the skin of the chicken and any really visible fat deposits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (or may use cream of mushroom soup)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried marjoram (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 lbs bone-in skinless chicken breast halves, remove skin and visible fat from chicken
- 1In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Add onion, celery and red bell pepper to skillet and cook & stir until tender.
- 2Remove to a large bowl and blend the veggies/bacon mixture, water and all other ingredients (EXCEPT chicken) together.
- 3Place chicken into a lightly sprayed slow cooker and pour rice mixture over the chicken - mixing well.
- 4Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours or until chicken is completely cooked and rice is tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Wild Rice Slow Cooker Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.1
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 1559.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 60.5 g