Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been passed around so much between family and friends because everybody loves it! All comforting ingredients in a familiar dish, but with the added twist of the crunchy topping and almonds. This is my go-to dish when I need to take food to a family. I hope your family will enjoy it too!
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, diced (1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 110 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend (I use Rice A Roni)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup Special K cereal
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook chicken breast, cool and dice. Reserve stock.
- Cook rice according to package directions, using chicken stock in place of water.
- Sauté celery and onion.
- Combine chicken, rice, celery and onion. Add undiluted chicken soup and mayo.
- Put in 7 ½ x 11 inch baking dish. Mix melted butter and Special K. Sprinkle over top along with almonds.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Enjoy!