1/1 Photo of Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole Supreme
1 hr 15 mins
Yummy comfort food! Can also be made using leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend (Uncle Ben's Original Recipe)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 (14 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cook rice according to package directions, adding the chopped onion in to the pot during the last few minutes of cooking time.
- 3In a buttered 13 x 9 inch baking dish, stir together the rice & onion mixture, the chicken, mushrooms, chestnuts, soup, beans, pimiento, pepper, parsley, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and sliced almonds.
- 4Spoon the topping mixture evenly over the casserole.
- 5Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- 6Note: Also good using 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese as a topping (in place of the stuffing mixture), add the cheese during the last 15 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.7
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 783.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend
seasoned stuffing mix