Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a work luncheon. I used Kraft mayo because I like the taste of Kraft over Hellman's. Use the one you like because you can taste the mayo a little bit. This makes great leftovers to take for lunch the next day...one of the few leftover dishes my husband will eat! Often I will cook this on a Sunday evening so when I come home from work on Monday dinner is ready.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, deboned
- 226.79 g candrained water chestnuts (sliced or chopped)
- 2 can of drained French style green beans
- 304.75 g cream of celery soup
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 170.09 g boxuncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend (prepared using package directions)
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese (I use medium or mild)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bake in a 9 X 13 pan uncovered for 40 minutes at 300 degrees.
Delicious casserole and so easy! I baked it at a higher temperature as the other reviewer suggested and it came out great (325 - 350 degrees). This is a nice change from the usual chicken-rice casseroles.
This was so easy and excellent. Not much prep time involved at all which I love for a weeknight.
This is not a recipe for ingredient purists, who will be offended by canned soup, rotisserie chicken and a boxed rice mix, but it's such an interesting and unusual combination! The flavors work, the beans and water chestnuts surprise, and the leftovers are great. We would have liked to have seen more detailed instructions, such as an oven temp; at 325 degrees it took longer than 40 minutes; and when we make it again we'll use less mayo. But all in all it's easy and tastes great. Made for Pick A Chef, April 09.