Babs in Toyland's Note:
This is a recipe courtesy of Cathy Lowe. It is very delicious and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breasts
- 1 package quick cooking wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 package frozen French style green bean
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream or 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a buttered casserole dish, combine chicken, cooked rice and beans.
- 3In a saucepan melt butter over medium high heat.
- 4Stir in onions and cook for one minute.
- 5Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Whisk in chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- 7Whisk in cream or milk and return to a simmer.
- 8When the sauce has thickened pour over the mixture in casserole dish.
- 9Sprinkle with parmesan and almonds and bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.7
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 337.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French style green beans