Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe courtesy of Cathy Lowe. It is very delicious and easy to make.
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breasts
- 1 package quick cooking wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 package frozen French style green bean
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a buttered casserole dish, combine chicken, cooked rice and beans.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium high heat.
- Stir in onions and cook for one minute.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in cream or milk and return to a simmer.
- When the sauce has thickened pour over the mixture in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and almonds and bake for 30 minutes.
Husband hates beans so tried fresh chopped spinach in place of - great substitution!