Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a staple in our household. My mom frequently makes it, because the entire family enjoys it.
- 236.59 ml wild rice, prepared accoring to directions
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml flour
- 170.09 g broiled mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 354.88 ml mushroom liquid, and broth
- 709.77 ml diced cooked chicken
- 59.14 ml diced pimento
- 29.58 ml snipped parsley
- 7.39 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml blanched almond
- Cook onions in margarine until tender, but not brown;remove and stir in flour, mushrooms, and mushroom liquid and broth.
- Add half and half. Cooks and stir until thick.
- Then add chicken, rice, pimentos, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and bake 25-30 minuted at 350 degrees.