Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a staple in our household. My mom frequently makes it, because the entire family enjoys it.
Make and share this Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup wild rice, prepared accoring to directions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 ounces broiled mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushroom liquid, and broth
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup diced pimento
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond
- Cook onions in margarine until tender, but not brown;remove and stir in flour, mushrooms, and mushroom liquid and broth.
- Add half and half. Cooks and stir until thick.
- Then add chicken, rice, pimentos, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and bake 25-30 minuted at 350 degrees.