1/2 Photos of Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
running rachel's Note:
This is a staple in our household. My mom frequently makes it, because the entire family enjoys it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup wild rice, prepared accoring to directions
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 ounces broiled mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 1/2 cups mushroom liquid, and broth
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced pimento
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup blanched almond
- 1Cook onions in margarine until tender, but not brown;remove and stir in flour, mushrooms, and mushroom liquid and broth.
- 2Add half and half. Cooks and stir until thick.
- 3Then add chicken, rice, pimentos, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4Sprinkle almonds on top and bake 25-30 minuted at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.6
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 507.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: