Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very easy, tasty one dish meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces mushrooms, fresh sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend, Uncle Ben's quick cook
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet, and saute onion till translucent.
- Add chicken and cook 4 minutes per side.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook until chicken is browned, and then remove chicken to plate.
- Add water, rice, and seasoning packet to skillet and mushrooms.
- Put chicken back in skillet, around edges.
- Add broccoli to middle of pan.
- Cover, bring to boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer till rice is done, which will depend on whether you used quick cooking or regular. (You may have to add more water).
- When rice is cooked, take out chicken and mix rice and broccoli with sour cream.
- Put chicken back in and sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat till cheese melts.