Recipe by KlynnPadilla
Chicken mixed with creamy long grain and wild rice and cheese.
Top Review by didyb
To start off- my husband really liked this and wants to have it again. However, the kids and I weren't as thrilled. It took much longer to make than stated- the rice itself takes 30-40 minutes. The flavor was ok, but not great. My box of rice was also 4.3 oz, so I added 2/3 cups of brown rice, and added 1 1/3 cups extra water/chicken boullion. I think it was the lemon juice in the cheese sauce that made it taste "off" for me. Next time I make it, I'll leave that out and see if it improves the taste for me.
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (I like sharp cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice as directed on box; spoon into greased casserole dish.
- While rice is cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan. Blend in flour; add milk gradually. Stir over low heat until thick. Add cheese and lemon juice; stir well.
- Mix chicken and sauce with rice and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.