1/1 Photo of Chicken and White Sauce over Rice
Experimentation in the kitchen succeeds again. This is a recipe my wife and kids ask for all the time. It can be served over pasta also, but they prefer the white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between your fingers to release flavor)
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 4 -5 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2In sauce pan melt butter, then add thyme and garlic, whisk for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and add flour, stir to a paste.
- 4Add milk and bring to slow boil while stirring until thickened.
- 5Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir to melt cheese.
- 7Bring chicken broth and water to boil then add rice and simmer 20 - 25 minutes until all liquid absorbed and rice is tender.
- 9Heat oil in skillet.
- 10Slice chicken breast into 1" chunks and add to heated oil.
- 11Add garlic powder, onion powder and cumin.
- 12Saute until chicken cooked.
- 13Once chicken cooked drain excess oil and add to finished sauce.
- 14Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and White Sauce over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1152.0
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 194.7 mg
- Sodium 1709.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 58.8 g