Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
bonappetit march 2009
Make and share this Chicken and White Bean Soup With Herb Swirl recipe from Food.com.
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil and next 4 ingredients in small skillet over medium heat until herbs are aromatic, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour herb oil into bowl; cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute chicken 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to bowl. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pot. Add onion, carrots, and celery; saute until beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Mix in last 5 ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken; simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Gently swirl 1 teaspoon herb oil into center of each.