Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple and satisfying. The key to a filling dinner is the right combination of protein, fats, and fiber-rich carbs. Though this dish only contains 200 calories, the 20 grams of lean protein and 5 grams of fiber will surely satisfy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced leeks, white part only
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, slice 1/4-inch thick
- 6 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups skinless bonless rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (2 inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup paked fresh kale, roughly chopped
- 1 cup packed Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; cook stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until tender but not browned. Add carrots, and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add broth, chicken, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- Add beans and kale, and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Add spinach, and cook 2-3 minutes more or until tender. Seasone with salt and pepper.
- Remove rosemary sprig and garlic clove. Ladle soup into 6 warm bowls; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon parsley.