Recipe by Millie L.
Wonderful and simple soup that taste so good. I got this from the Sunday paper Take Home Miracles. I made it yesterday and I'm so glad I did everyone raved about it! I just had to share with all of you! I served it with egg noodles.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup white corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 5 cups frozen cooked chicken (fajita )
- fresh cilantro
- fresh parsley
- monterey jack cheese
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Using Blender, blend one drained can of white beans with one cup of water until smooth. The mixture will thicken soup.
- Saute onions, peppers and garlic in butter over medium high heat until golden brown. Tranfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Place remaining ingredients except the chicken and garnishes in slow cooker and cook on medium heat for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add chicken and heat until chicken is warm.
- Keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- serve with garnishes.