Recipe by Amanda in Adelaide
This is a Donna Hay recipe that I found on our local ABC radio website. I want to try it out so it is here for safekeeping! I would probably cook it at a slightly lower temp & for a little longer than it says here.
- 1 1⁄4 kg whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, in tomato juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 400 g white beans, drained and rinsed (canellini)
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Place the chicken, paprika, coriander, cumin, chilli, oil and salt in a bowl and toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, stock and beans in the bottom of a large casserole dish and stir to combine. Top with chicken and roast for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Top with basil leaves to serve. Serves 4.