Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from one I found on ivillage.com. My kids really enjoy this dish. Time to prepare does not include cooking time for macaroni.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- Combine all ingredients except cooked macaroni in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 -20 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni. Stir to combine.