Recipe by Grease
Adding a little crushed red pepper and eliminating the cheese puts a little different, lighter spin on this popular recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
The Cooking Sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
The Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, biased sliced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the cooking sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil and stir fry green peppers and onions until crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables and stir fry walnut halves until toasted golden brown. Remove.
- Add chicken to the pan and stir fry until no longer pink in center. Add the cooking sauce and heat until thickened.
- Add the previously cooked vegetables; cover and cook 1 minute. Serve over cooked rice.