Recipe by Chef# 477627
A quick nutritious meal served on a bed of rice or noodles. Easy on the tummy when someone is feeling a little under the weather!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking onions, diced small
- 1 chicken breast, cooked & sliced on the diagonal
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 celery rib, sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup peas, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup lettuce, sliced or shredded
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare ingredients as directed as this will go quickly.
- Melt butter in large skillet over med high heat.
- Add onions once butter begins to bubble and reduce heat to med, stirring occasionally until onions start to smell sweet but not brown; approx 3 - 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to med-high and add chicken, mushrooms and carrots, stirring frequently for 3 minutes or so.
- Add frozen peas and reduce heat to med, cook for a minute or so and add celery and half of the green onions.
- Combine broth, soy, sesame oil and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved, and add to pan.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine starch and water in a small container, shake or stir until combined; add to simmering pan and stir until thickened.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce against a side of rice or noodles. Top with reserved green onions.
- (I just pop a bag of Uncle Ben's microwave rice in the nuker for 1 min 30 secs.).