Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful pasta dish. It is light and flavorful.
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- Cook spaghetti; keep warm. Mince the garlic. Cut carrot into 1 1/4 inch pieces and cook til tender.
- In large saucepan, place olive oil with onion and garlic, cook 5 to 7 minutes til tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk. Cook until mixture boils and thickens,stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, chicken, broccoli and carrots. Cook 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly mixed and broccoli is tender. Pour over spaghetti. Sprinke with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over top. Serve immediately.