Recipe by Lew in Louisville, KY
This was a meal that I discovered by just experimenting with three things I love best, Chicken, Zucchini, and Pasta. You can add to or rearrange any thing in this recipe.
Top Review by anewlynn
I added sauce to it since my fiance is Italian and I really enjoyed it. Great way to get veggies in if one doesn't like them. Definitely an all day cook recipe or do stuff 2 different days
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (trimed of all remaining fat)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 large lemons, juice of
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (I recommend freshly ground)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 mushrooms, coarsly chopped (you can use whatever mushroom you like)
- 3 -4 zucchini, thinly sliced and peeled
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, drained and chopped (reserve liquid)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I use lipton beefy onion)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- pasta shells
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chicken.
- Mix together the rosemary,thyme,lemon juice,olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Poke holes in chicken breasts with a fork and add to the marinade(make sure the breasts get coated in the marinade).
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.(you can marinate longer if you like).
- Take out of marinade and bake on a foil lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 20 minitues.
- Remove from oven and cool enough to handle.
- For the veggies.
- In a large skillet heat oil and cook garlic and mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Meanwhile mix envelope of soup and basil into the reserved tomato liquid until throughly blended.
- Add to skillet, bring to a boil and then simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Pasta shells.
- Pick out 20 perfect jumbo shells and boil 13 or so minutes( until al dente) Do this while the chicken and zucchini are cooking.
- When the chicken and zucchini are done( and have been set aside to cool) Take chicken and cut into strips small enough to fit into the mouth of a food processor and pulse until you have small chunks.
- Next add zucchini mix and pulse.(Note: you don't want to puree just process until chunky).
- Take and drain pasta shells let cool enough to handle.
- Take shells and stuff with mixture.
- Spray a 13x9 inch casserole dish(or larger)with nonstick cooking spray and set the stuffed shells into it.
- Sprinkle shells with the mozzarella cheese and broil 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned and bubbling.