Recipe by KissKiss
Martin Yan did a stir-fry on television similar to this. I didn't write it down but this is how I remember it and how I make it (often).
- 1 tablespoon wok oil (whatever brand or type you prefer)
- 1⁄2 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced into short strips
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced into short strips
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces rice noodles, cooked according to package direction (soaked in hot water)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- soy sauce, to taste
- Thai sweet chili sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat and add chicken pieces. Cook until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and green and red peppers. Cook until veggies are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and cook until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and toss with meat and veggies. Add chicken broth and cook until rice noodles are soft and pliable, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts, and season with soy sauce and chili sauce to taste. Toss to combine. You'll need a decent amount of each to give strong flavor to all the ingredients. Taste along the way.