1/12 Photos of Chicken and Veggie Pie With Phyllo Top
From the Australian Women's Weekly Meals in Minutes Chicken. Use a whole rotisserie cooked chicken. A quick easy mid week meal. The original recipe called for 1 medium leek (350g) finely sliced (I used spring onions) and 2 1/2 cups (350g) frozen peas, corn and capsicum (bell peppers) mix but any frozen vegetable mix should do (I used peas, corn, carrots and broccoli). You could even make up up your own mix of individual frozen vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 60 g butter
- 2 -3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup plain flour (50 grams)
- 1 cup milk (180ml)
- 1 cup chicken stock (250ml)
- 4 cups chicken meat (cooked and shredded or diced - 400 grams)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (350 grams)
- 1/4 cup parsley (fresh loosely packed and then coarsely chopped)
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 220 degree celcius (200 for fan forced ovens).
- 2Mix milk and stock together.
- 3Melt butter in large saucepan, cook spring onion (or leek if using could need 1 to 2 minutes), stirring until softened.
- 4Add flour, cook, stirring until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- 5Take off the heat and gradually whisk in milk and stock mix until smooth. Return to heat and continuously mix until mixture boils and thickens.
- 6Add chicken, vegetables and parsley, stir until heated through.
- 7Spoon chicken pie filling into a shallow 1.5 litre (6 cup) ovenproof dish.
- 8Place one sheet of pastry over filling; spray with cooking oil spray. Repeat this process with remaining pastry sheets, overlapping pastry around dish. Roll and fold pastry inwards towards centre around edge of dish (forming a roll around the edge). Spray top of pastry with cooking oil spray.
- 9Bake uncovered, in hot oven for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Veggie Pie With Phyllo Top
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 384.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: