Recipe by Brian Holley
Another of my simple to cook Balti dishes. The chicken and vegetables in this recipe are cut into strips so they will cook quicker. Start to finish, 20 minutes, that's the beauty of Balti. No spices, just fresh vegetables, lime juice and chicken in this dish.The vegetable are cut as if to make french fries. As I grow lemons in the garden I use them when the limes are not available.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, and cut into strips
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 fresh green chilies, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into thin chips
- 2 potatoes, cut into thin chips
- 1 courgette, cut into thin chips
- 1 lime, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onions over medium heat till golden.
- Add half of the garlic, stir, and add the chicken and salt. Cook till the chicken is light brown.
- Add the lime or lemon juice with all of the vegetables. Increase the heat and add the rest of the garlic stir fry for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with the sliced lime to be squeezed on the dish as required.