Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick, healthy meal that's so easy to make and tastes really good, just something different from the normal Toad in the Hole!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 125 g roasted cooked chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 50 g broccoli, broken into small florets blanched and refreshed
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon ready-made applesauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 0.5 (200 g) containerplain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C, 425 degrees F
- Place the oil in an 20cm x 20cm ovenproof dish and heat until very hot.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a hole in the centre.
- Add the eggs and milk.
- Beat together to form a thick creamy batter, then fold in the chicken pieces, grated carrot, broccoli, onion and salt.
- Spoon into the hot dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and risen.
- Mix the apple sauce, mustard and yogurt together in a small pan, then heat through gently.
- Serve the sauce with the toad.