A quick, healthy meal that's so easy to make and tastes really good, just something different from the normal Toad in the Hole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 125 g roasted cooked chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 50 g broccoli, broken into small florets blanched and refreshed
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon ready-made applesauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 0.5 (200 g) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C, 425 degrees F
- 2Place the oil in an 20cm x 20cm ovenproof dish and heat until very hot.
- 3Sift the flour into a bowl and make a hole in the centre.
- 4Add the eggs and milk.
- 5Beat together to form a thick creamy batter, then fold in the chicken pieces, grated carrot, broccoli, onion and salt.
- 6Spoon into the hot dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and risen.
- 7Mix the apple sauce, mustard and yogurt together in a small pan, then heat through gently.
- 8Serve the sauce with the toad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vegetable Toad in the Hole
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.5
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 252.2 mg
- Sodium 261.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard