Recipe by luminajd
This came from a diabetic cook book and is very easy and very delicious. Dinner can be ready in 20 minutes, aside from marinading.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, skinned and cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup celery, cut diagonally
- 1 cup carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup broccoli, flowerets and stems,sliced
- 1 cup Chinese pea pod
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass dish, combine water, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, onions and chicken and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken loses it's pink color.
- Remove chicken Add celery, carrots, and broccoli and cook, stirring, for at least 3 minutes.
- Add pea pods and marinade and cover.
- Let vegetables steam for 2-3 minutes Add chicken and sesame seeds and stir to combine Vegetables should be crisp-tender, pea pods still bright and green.
- Serve with rice.