Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
healthy, lots of veggies
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup bamboo shoot
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet heat sesame oil.
- add chicken and season with salt and pepper saute till chicken is done.
- add carrots, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots, cover and cook till about half tender.
- add broccoli and saute a few more minutes.
- add onions, peppers, and teriyaki sauce cover and cook till all vegetables are just done.
- don't over cook vegetables you want a little texture left.
- serve over whole grain rice.
- for vegetarian dish leave out chicken.
I was attracted to this recipe because this is how my mother told me she makes stir fry. It turned out very tasty. Not too much of an overkill on the taste but just enough to enjoy. My husband and I both loved it. Be careful to not put too much salt on. I would go very light until the end. Or not at all until you taste it fully cooked, then you can better determine how much at that time. Thanks for posting!
This was a very tasty stir-fry! I did use the chicken but I also add some cut up califlower with the broccoli. Thanks for a great recipe!