1 hr 20 mins
Chef #399112's Note:
This recipe came from Southern Living magazine, October 2005. It is super easy to prepare and super good! This stew has become a cool weather staple at our house. It is also low calorie and low fat, making it an even easier choice for my family!
My Private Note
cup ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) container fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 1/4 pounds, To save even more time I use skinless, boneless chicken)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package frozen white corn
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped country ham
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I use Splenda)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken, onion and celery, and return to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 4Remove chicken from pan and let cool slightly.
- 5If using bone-in chicken, remove chicken from bones, discarding bones; shred chicken.
- 6Add corn, next 9 ingredients, and shredded chicken to Dutch oven.
- 7Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 421.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 28.5 g