Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This wonderful, hearty stew is from Fix It And Forget It Lightly. A crockpot cookbook by Phyllis Good. This is a Puerto Rican recipe by a farmhand named Weney and I will be forever greatful. We have this often.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, diced
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium green cabbage, cut into chunks
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons sazon goya with coriander and annatto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut partially defrosted chicken thighs in to bite sized chunks.
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for about 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- I used Goya's Sazon seasoning and added some Bijol seasoning and more coriander.
- Season to your taste and add or subtract salt and pepper amounts.
- This is a good hearty soup to serve with crusty bread. I cut the vegetables a little larger to make it more like a stew than a soup. Add more broth if you want a soup.