Recipe by aunty carol
My Soup healthy and filling. Sometimes serve with cheese scones if not feeling so healthy. Yum.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 slices smoked bacon, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 leeks, sliced finely
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 -4 carrots, diced
- 125 g swede, diced
- 1 large parsnip, diced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 410 g cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 chicken stock cube
- 1 bunch chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan lightly fry the leeks, celery onion, bacon and garlic.
- Then add the chicken and rest of the vegetables(except parsley)fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add enough water to cover 2" over the vegetables.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer till cooked about 25 minutes.
- Add the parsley and serve.