Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Soup healthy and filling. Sometimes serve with cheese scones if not feeling so healthy. Yum.
Make and share this Chicken and Vegetable Soup a La Carol recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 slices smoked bacon, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 leeks, sliced finely
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 -4 carrots, diced
- 125 g swede, diced
- 1 large parsnip, diced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 410 g cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 chicken stock cube
- 1 bunch chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a large pan lightly fry the leeks, celery onion, bacon and garlic.
- Then add the chicken and rest of the vegetables(except parsley)fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add enough water to cover 2" over the vegetables.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer till cooked about 25 minutes.
- Add the parsley and serve.