Good and Hearty. Have some ready for kids on cold winter days after playing outside in the snow to keep them all warm inside. Soup freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken, water and bouillon cubes in a 6-qt pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 3Take out chicken legs and set aside.
- 4Stir in carrots, potatoes, spinach, onion and peas.
- 5Return to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- 6While the soup is cooking, remove skin from chicken legs.
- 7Remove meat from bones and shred.
- 8Add to soup and cook for 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 505.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 18.9 g