Recipe by young n' fun
It was a dark rainy day, and I was trying to think of something that would warm me up, but not ruin my day, because I was in no mood to work out! So, the first thing that popped into my head was soup! Used basically everything I had in my vegetable drawer and just added things as I went. If you want to indulge a little, add in the cream!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and olive oil at med - lo heat.
- Saute vegetables until all tender, 8 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beer, broth, salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Bring heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken breasts and lower heat to medium, simmer for 15 - 17 minutes.
- Remove chicken breats and shred with two forks.
- If using cream, stir in cream.
- Add chicken back into soup.
- Enjoy! ;).