Recipe by English_Rose
A Spanish-style one-pot stew flavoured with paprika and cumin that'll be a hit with children and adults alike. From BBC Food Website.
Top Review by Plainbil
Made this tonight. It was a very good meal.I will make it again and often.A meal that is full of the things that everyone should have in their diet. I served it with brown rice.Thanks for posting.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken thigh
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook gently until softened.
- Add the chicken thighs, garlic, spices and thyme. Cook stirring until the chicken is opaque.
- Pour in the tomatoes, plus one extra can of water or enough to cover the chicken and vegetables. Add the stock and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 50 minutes
- If using, add the garbanzos and cook for a further five minutes Serve with rice. For young children, break the chicken into smaller pieces and serve.