Prep 24 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
A simple yet good variation of an old favorite.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 10 stalks celery
- 1 lb carrot
- 5 ears corn
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- parsley (to taste)
- Put raw (can be frozen) chicken in a 6 quart pot and fill with water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for about an hour, then add all vegetables.
- Simmer for another hour, then take off the heat.
- Put the whole pot in the fridge overnight to allow the fat to rise to the top.
- Next day-- skim the fat off the top, then bring the mixture to a boil again.
- Add the pasta and cook for as long as is instructed.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later.