Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something I dug out of my mum's old cookbooks! It sounds delicious, but I haven't tried it yet.
- 300 g skinless chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (peas, carrots, corn, etc)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves picked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Cut the chicken meat into cubes and sear over high heat to seal in the juices.
- Mix chicken cubes with the cream of chicken soup, mixed vegetables and thyme.
- Place the cooked rice in a claypot and mix in the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the rice.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles and browns.
- My mum believes that the claypot can be substituted with an oven-proof pan or with a small baking tin.